Monday, February 10, 2014

Methe Tambli

Last time when I had been to my Brother's place my SIL made this Tambli for lunch. I am not a big fan of Tambli so usually used to avoid the but when I ate this at her house really loved it.. I like the light bitter taste of methi, the taste and smell of fried coconut in curd.. and to top it all it is super healthy and easy to cook..

Tambli is usually served cold in our houses at the beginning of the meal. 



You Need:
Methi - 2 tsp
Jeera - 1 tsp
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Red chilli - 1 cut into pieces
Green chilli - 1
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1 1/2 cup
Salt to taste

Method:
Heat a kadai 
Dry roast Methi till methi slightly starts changing colour and you get the nice aroma
Remove and keep aside
Add the Jeera, green chilli and Red chillie
Dry roast till Jeera starts changing colour
Add coconut and fry for a min
Add the roasted meethi and allow it to cool
Grind into a fine paste with little water
Beat the curd and keep ready
Add the ground paste and mix well
Add salt and hing and serve

This is off to Jagruti's potluck party


8 comments:

Jagruti said...

Totally new dish for me, I love methi, so love to try it out :)

Ramya Krishnamurthy said...

Lovely recipe.thanks for sharing

Hari Chandana P said...

Healthy recipe.. love it!!

Manjula Bharath said...

very new dish and looks very delicious !!

Poornima Molri said...

very new to me.... looks amazing...

Poornima Molri said...

new dish... and it looks amazing...

Hasna Hamza Layin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hasna Hamza Layin said...

Never heard f tambli before...Luks good