Sunday, December 22, 2013

Buns

I got an early Christmas present from my MIL yesterday and I am very excited. It is a book from her mom.. frayed at the edges the first few pages missing but then has been binded using a invitation card (nostalgic!!!). It has recipes  of dished that I have never heard of.. has measurement in terms that I do not know of.. :D

I eagerly went through it and decided to make Buns for evening snack today, as it is one of my FILs favourite. Served it with Coconut coriander chutney..

You need:
Maida - 2 cups
Banana - 1 cup (grated)
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Soda - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Oil for deep frying




Method:
Mix Maida, ghee, soda, salt and sugar.
Add the grated banana and knead till a it forms a soft dough
Set is aside for 8 hrs
Take lemon sized balls of the dough and roll into thick (~ 1/4 cm thick) circles
Deep fry in oil on medium to high flame.
Serve Hot.

For Coconut Chutney:
Coconut - 1 cup grated
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup chopped
Roasted gram dal - 1/2 tbsp
Green Chillies - 4 (as per taste)
Salt

Grind all the ingredients together.



7 comments:

Sapana Behl said...

Buns looks delicious !

Poornima Molri said...

This bun looks very good... they must have tasted yummmm

Arthy shama said...

Buns looks very inviting, innovative recipe this is :)

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Delicious looking bun,its in my to do list...

Suja said...

After seeing the name, I was taken by surprise to see that it's fried. Nice recipe, Shree :)

Srivalli said...

If I remember right, this is famous in Bangalore right..good one..

Chef Mireille said...

what a treasure - to have a 3rd generation recipe book