Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apple Kheer

Today is my first post in the CCC challenge and I am super excited. Thank you Srivalli for allowing me to become a part of this :)

This is for the 1st post of the first edition of Cooking from Cookbook challenge. There is this cooking show in Suvarna "Mane Adige" which my MIL likes a lot, she had noted down this Apple Kheer recipe. It is quick, simple and tates yumm.

Recipe Source: Mane Adige on Suvarna TV

You Need
Apple - 1 big
Milk - 1/2 ltr
Milkmaid - 4 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Almonds - Slivers for Garnish


Method:
Boil the milk in a thick bottomed vessel
Keep boiling till it reduces a little (approximate 20% reduction)
Add Milkmaid and stir well
Remove the skin on the apple and grate it ensuring you get long grates
Add this to the milk and continue boiling till the quantity is reduced by half
Add the cardamom
Remove from flame
Garnish with Almonds and Serve
It tastes good either Hot or Cold.

CC Challenge of the month


13 comments:

Harini-Jaya R said...

I love this kheer. I also made a few times with slight variations.

Manjula Bharath said...

wow very very delicious kheer :) makes me drool here !!

Srivalli said...

Delicious looking Kheer..using fruits makes it interesting..

Vinitha said...

This looks interesting! Adding it to my try list :)

Janani said...

wow nice kheer I am sure it must have been flavorful love it.

Swathi Iyer said...

Delicious apple kheer Shreez, Love it, I am leaving the link of my new site,please visitZest South Indian Kitchen

Chef Mireille said...

perfectly creamy kheer

Priya Suresh said...

Delicious and very irresistible kheer, inviting.

Pavani N said...

Easy to make apple kheer. Looks yummy!!

Usha Rao said...

This is such an easy recipe and looks rich & delicious!

Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj said...

wow very delicious kheer... love the adding of milkmaid...

Smitha Kalluraya said...

ive never tried Apple kheer.. but the bowl of urs is telling me to give a try .Yum :)

veena krishnakumar said...

I have tried apple kesari but not kheer. This looks so tempting!!