Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spicy Paneer Burgers

I am a fast food addict and love Burgers. Esp the spicy Paneer burgers you get in McD here in India. But every time I eat them, my tummy goes for a toss :(

R has been telling me from some time to prepare them at home. I have never done this before as I was afraid to spoil my fav food..

Today I had this craving of eating something fried.. some fries and it was raining. .so decided to brave the Burgers!!

You need
Burger buns - 6 store brought

For the filling
Paneer - 1 pack (I used Nandini)
Onion - 1 medium
Green chillies - 5
Cilantro - 10 sprigs
Corn - 1/2 cup
Kasoori Methi - 1 tbsp
Salt

Bread - 2 slices (a day old)
Cornflour - 3 tbsp
Red chillie powder - 2 tsp
Oil for frying

Red chillie Sauce
Thinly sliced onion and tomato rings
Mayonaise 
Slices of cheese


Method:
I used my chopper to make bread crumbs out of my bread.
Cut the Paneer slab into 4 - 5 pieces and chop them in the same chopper
Remove and keep aside
Chop the green chillies, onion, cilantro
Remove and keep aside
Add the corn and run the chopper for 4 pulses
Mix every thing together, add salt and kasoori methi and knead
No need to add any water

Mix cornflour, salt and red chillie powder in a bowl
Add 1 cup water and mix well

Heat oil

Now make a big lemon sized ball of the paneer mixture and flatten it into the form of a cutlet i.e flatten it into 1 inch thick slab, round off the edges.
Dip it in the cornflour batter
Remove it and roll it on the bread crumb
Slowly slide it in to the oil. Ensure oil is not very hot else the bread crumbs coating the outside of the cutlets will burn
When the cutlets are golden brown, remove to absorbent paper to remove excess oil


To make Burgers
Cut the Burger bun in half
Roast on hot pan for 1 min
Place the bottom half of the burger on the serving plate
Add a dollop of mayo and spread it on the bun
Keep tomato and onions rings
Keep the cutlet
Add a slice of cheese
Close the top
Dunk it into the microwave for 30 secs
Serve :)

This is off to "Know your dairy" even hosted by Amrita (Originally by  Jagruti)

3 comments:

Sapana Behl said...

I am in for any paneer dish ! Looks inviting

Amrita Roy said...

yummy burger..thank you for linking

Hari Chandana P said...

Looks delicious.. thanks for sharing dear :)