It has been such a hectic weeks - work work and soo much work!!! I have not been cooking much.. just whipping up something for dinner and back with the laptop!! Hope the nest week is better...
I am late for this month;s blog hop. Hope Radhika would include this in the list.
For this month's blog hop I have been paired with Jayanthi of sizzlingveggies. The blog is a treasure trove. .I am sooo happy for finding it :)
I love mavinakayi chitranna and decided to do it and pair it with uddina vada for lunch.. but forgot to soak the dal for the vada.. now the dal is soaking and will post the recipe later..
Now back to Mavina chitranna.
Mango - shredded 1 1/2 cup
Coconut - 3 Tbsp shredded
Green chillies - 4 to 5 (Original recipe called for red chillies)
Peanuts - 2 tbsp Roasted(Jayanthi used 1/4 cups)
Curry leaves - 5 to 6 leaves
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp (I skipped this)
Urad dal - 2 to 3 Tbsp (Original recipe called for Channa Dal)
Mustard seeds - 3 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil –2 Tbsp
1. Remove skin from mango and shred them finely and keep aside. Keep 1 tbsp aside for garnish.
2. Grind green chillies, mustard seeds, coconut and shredded mango into a paste. Add very little water while grinding.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, and add the ground chutney. Stir frequently and cook till all the moisture from the chutney evaporates and the raw mustard smell goes away.
4. Spread the rice in a big plate/bowl and add the chutney, salt and mix. For seasoning, heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add urad dal and let it turn red. Now add the curry leaves and switch off the flame.
5. Add the seasoning along with peanuts and mix well with rice. Adjust salt to taste and serve immediately. Enjoy!!!