Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Moong Sprouts fry

Moong sprouts are rich source of proteins and calcium.  As I would never get good sprout when I tried sprouting at home, I used to rely on store brought sprouts and hated eating till I found out how easy it was to sprout the dals with the sprouting vessel :)



You need:

Moong Sprouts - 2 cups
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Coconut - 1 tbsp grated
Mustard - 1tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt
Oil

Heat 1 tsp oil in the non-stick pan.
Add mustard, once it starts to splutter add the urad dal
Add the chopped chillies and onion
Fry on medium heat till onion turns pink
Add the sprouts
Add Salt
Reduce the flame to low, cover the non-stick pan with a flat plate filled with water, ensuring no steam escapes from the non-stick pan
Cook for another 15 mins or till sprouts are just done.
Keep turning every 3-4 mins
Remove from heat and Garnish with coconut and lemon juice
Mix well and serve

14 comments:

Santosh Bangar said...

healthy stire

maha said...

healthy n yummy fry
Maha

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Healthy, delicious sprouts fry :-)



Send in your entries to The Kerala Kitchen Event @Cook-Ezee

Shree said...

Thank you ladies :)

Shobha said...

Perfect and healthy meal.

Rasi said...

healthy & delicious one!

Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR

Smitha said...

thats one of the best snacks! love it!

Poonam Borkar said...

very healthy and delicious..
Spicy-Aroma

Recipe world said...

Wow, this looks so healthy and tasty..nice recipe dear!

Shree said...

Thank you all for visiting :)

Suchi said...

This looks awesome and so healthy :-)

Pranjali said...

delicious sprouts.
Do visit my new blog
http://www.foodydelight.com/

Viya said...

Looks delicious and healthy too:)

Nisha said...

Hmm, when I saw sprouting vessel in stores I wondered why people would use them.
After soaking moong in water overnight, I wrap them in handkerchief and keep either all day or overnight.
The next day, moong sprouts are ready. Really easy, isn't it?
I do it every other day because my hubby eats sprouts, I don't like to eat raw. But now making a Moong Sprouts fry like this I can surely eat the sprouts!