Monday, March 19, 2012

Bhappa Doi


I love Bengali Sweets ,so when we got a East Indian Cuisine Theme for our potluck in the office, I just knew I am going to prepare a Bengali Dessert :)

Bhappa Doi - Steamed Curds is one of easiest and tastiest desserts that you can make.


You Need

Set curds / Plain Yogurt - 1.5 cups
Milk - 2 cups
Condensed Milk - 1.5 cups

Method
Hang the curds and remove the whey. You need 1 cup hung curds for this recipe
Boil the milk and reduce it to 1 cup. Allow it to cool to room temperature
Mix the hung curds, milk and condensed milk
Whip till frothy
Take a cake pan and pour the mixture into it
Heat oven to 350F
Take a pan which is bigger than the cake pan, fill it with water so that when the cake pan is placed in it the water covers 3/4 of the cake pan
Bake for 15 - 20 mins or till a fork inserted comes out without liquid residue
Do not fret if the bhapa doi is not set, chill it in the fridge for 3 - 4 hrs
Serve garnished with sliced almonds and pista

Note: I made the bhapa doi in a muffin tray and found that the dhapa doi gets cooked and evenly that putting it in a big cake pan.
There are lots of recipes on the net for this dessert with the same basic 3 ingredients.. this is what I made and I liked :)

This is off to I love Baking #2 by Radhika and I am the Star event at Veg Food and Me

 


8 comments:

srividhya Ravikumar said...

Very new one and sounds delicious..

Pranjali said...

very delicious and easy to prepare.

foodydelight.com

Recipe world said...

Very nice Shree..looks yummy and easy to prepare!

Rasi said...

looks perfect :)

Ongoing Event : I'm The Star

maha said...

The clicks make me drool here.loved the colour n tatsy n very new too.......
MAha

Suchi said...

Lovely Shree :-)

Viya said...

This dessert looks so delicious and light too:)

Shobha Kamath said...

This is new to me but seems simple delicious. Will try it out soon.
Happy to follow you too!