Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Carrot Cream

My lil princess was down with fever and with all other things happening around it completely slipped from my mind that today is Wednesday and I was supposed to post a recipe as part of BHW.

This month I am paired with Vidhya Jayadeep of Vidhyas good eats. She has a good collection of recipes and I started bookmarking them left - right centre. For the first event I wanted to try out the red pepper and tomato soup, but this simple and tasty recipe caught my eye :) I have made very minor modifications to the recipe..


For carrot cream you need

Ingredients:
Carrots - 2 cups diced
Milk - 3 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup or as required
Cardamom - 1 tsp
Cashew - 2 tbsp
Raisin - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp

Method:
Pressure cook the carrot in 2 cups of milk and sugar (4 whistles)
Once cool puree with remaining milk
Mix in the cardamom
Heat the ghee and roast the cashew and raisin
Add into the Carrot cream
I served it at the room temp.. It tasted very good :)

This is going to be a regular in my house from now on..

I am sending this to Blog Hop Wednesdays hosted by Radhika of Tickling palates and "ABC Series: DESSERTS" hosted by Ramya



14 comments:

Gayathri Kumar said...

Looks so delicious....

The Pumpkin Farm said...

seems like a breeze, loved it, hope ur princess is feeling better now

Ramya said...

yummy and easy recipe. I feel this is a perfect entry for my DESSERTS event. Would you like to join?

Hema said...

It sounds easy but looks very yummy, hope your little one is back on her toes..

Shree said...

Ty ladies for the comments. @Pradnya. .thank you.. .she is much better now

Vidhya said...

Happy to know that you liked it,it does look tempting.I enjoyed hopping to your blog and going through your recipe collection.

Priya said...

Carrot cream looks super smooth and tempting..

Sravs said...

wonderful thick soup !!

Ongoing event CC-Chocolate Fest

anusha praveen said...

It s such a breeze to make and we eat it with rotis. Lovely pics :)

Radhika said...

Glad to know that your daughter is much better now Shree. SOunds much like kheer but I can see that it is much thicker. I hope your daughter like it.

Tickling Palates
Event : Let’s Cook - Rice

Shree said...

TY Anusha :
@Radhika, yes I was able to get 1 bowl into her by telling her it was hot orange juice and milk added to it as Dr has asked her to drink Milk!!!

Ramya said...

thanks for linking with the event

Rajani said...

this looks really nice!

Kalyani said...

looks super yum ! Hope ur angel gets well soon, Shree !


Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Magic Mingle challenge for Jan’12 announced
Event : Microwave Easy Cooking (MEC)