Monday, June 14, 2010

Tomato Chutney

Recently I found my old recipe book in which I used to note down the recipies that I liked, this was before I got my own notebook at home!! The collection has recipes from internet, from TV and what I have got from my family and friends. Today's tomato chutney is form there. Adding fried cococut adds a distinct flavor and aroma to the chutney.

You need:
Tomatos - 2 chopped
onion - 1 medium finely chopped
coconut - 1/2 cup shredded
green chillis - 4 slit length wise into 2
curry leaves - 5 - 6
red chillis - 1 broken into 1" pieces
mustard - 2 tsp
bengal gram - 1 tbsp
oil - 1 tsp
salt


Heat oil in a pan.
Add mustard and when it splutters add bengal gram, red chillis.
Fry till bengal gram starts turning the color
Add curry leaves, onion and green chillis.
Fry till onion becomes soft and translucent.
Add chopped tomatos and fry till tomatos become soft (4 - 5 mins)
Add coconut and fry for another min.
Remove from flame and allow to sit till it comes to room temp.

Grind into a nice paste will very little water.
Serve with rice, dosa or rotti.

9 comments:

Rachana Kothari said...

Thanks for dropping by! The Chutney looks yumm!

Priya said...

My all time fav..chutney looks great..

Vidhya said...

Tomato chutney looks hot and yumm

Chitra said...

Looks very nice..iam very fond of tomato chutney..will try this for sure..first time here i guess.,.u have a nice blog ::)

Guna's kitchen said...

tomato chutney luks yummy... nice click too

Apu said...

Very nice - Love tomato chutney - its so versatile.

Spicie Foodie said...

Hi Shree,
Thanks for sharing this great recipe. Lately I have been trying to learn how to make chutneys to go with my Indian dishes and I'm very excited to try your recipe very soon :)

Thanks for visiting my blog , yours is lovely with so many amazing recipes.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog !!Thank you. They are really great .
do not miss my goods , they are very beautiful !!
Fashion watches
Discount watches
Antique pocket watches
Engraved pocket watches
pocket watch

Micheal said...

I really wants to need this recipe ,thanks for sharing.
Speculaas