Thursday, March 12, 2009

Masala Akki rotti and banana seekarane

Masala akki rotti.. I can still remember the first time I ate this. It was in my friend Rekha's house and fell in love with it. Her mom is an expert on rotti's and whenever she made akki rotti I used to there in their house for breakfast.. Even now whenever I meet her in mysore she says "manege baa naale tindige.. akki rotti madi kodthini" :)

I like akki rotti with banana seekarane and little pickle on the side.

For the Masala Akki rotti:

rice flour - 2 cups
onion finely chopped - 1 cup
Green chillis finely chopped - 5
coriander and curry leaves finely chopped - 4 tbsp
Coconut scraped - 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Salt
Butter

Mix all ingredients except Butter.
Add little hot water and mix to the consistency of chapati dough
Wet a white kerchief, take one big lemon size dough and pat it on the kerchief to form a thin roti. (will upload pics of this soon)
Put this on the hot tava and remove the kerchief.
Cook on med - high flame covered for 2 - 3mins
Turn over and cook. Apply butter and turn again.
Remove from flame and serve hot.

You need for Banana seekarane
banana - 2 chopped
milk - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 4 tsp
cardamom powder - 1 pinch

Puree all the above ingredients.

2 comments:

Ashwini said...

My fav breakfast..Love it with that seekarane

Priya said...

Wow Shree, I always wanted recipe for akki roti and here I see one in your blog. Thanks so much for sharing it and also checking out my blog. I will surely make this akki roti. Looks very tempting!