Thursday, February 12, 2009

Veg Noodles

Back to blogging after a very loong break.... Lots have things have happened in the last 1 year.. new member added to our little family. Yes we have been blessed with an angel :) After 6 months of strict dietary restrictions (both from my MIL and MOM) now back on eating spree... I do not have words to explain the reaction of my taste buds when they tasted pani puri after 8 loooong months. I think I have earned their eternal gratitude :)

Now back to my recipe, I love noodles any form.. soft, fried anything!! Now a days this is my way of ensuring I am eating all the required vegetables

Things you need:
Finely sliced vegetables: (appro 2 cups)
potato - 1
cabbage - 1/2 cup shredded
carrot - 1
capsicum - 1/2
cauliflower - 9 - 10 florets
beans - 10 - 12
onion - 1 medium sized
Noodled boiled - 2 cups
tomato sauce - I prefer using Maggie tomato chilli - 4 tbsp
soy sauce - 1 tbsp
pepper powder - 3 tsp
chilli flakes - 2 tsp
salt as per taste
oil - 2 tsp

Method:
Heat oil in a wok.

Add chilli flakes and onion. Saute onion on med flame for 3 - 4mins
Add all the sliced vegetables. Saute for 4 - 5 mins / or till 80% cooked on high flame.
Add the sauces, salt and pepper powder.
Stir and then add the cooked noodles.
Stir fry for a cpl of mins till the masala is mixed with the noodles. Serve Hot.

P.S: You can add oregano to enhance the taste.

No comments: