Friday, February 13, 2009

Veg grilled Sandwich - inspired from cool zone

There is a sandwich corner called "cool zone" near my house. I just love the egg sandwich and the burgers that they make there.. My hubby likes the veg grilled sandwich from there. So few days back I went to that shop asked the guy there how he prepares and got the recipe :). After some permutations and combinations here is the recipe for "the grilled sandwich"..

Things you need:
Bread - 4 slices
Tomato, Onion, cucumber, potato thinly sliced - around 6 - 7 slices each
black olives and jalapenos chopped - 1 tbsp (This is my addition)
cheese slices - 2 slices ( I use amul lite)
tomato sauce - 4 tbsp
salt and pepper for taste.

Method:
Lay 2 slices of bread on the baking tray
Smear Tomato sauce on the slices.
Arrange onion, tomato, cucumber and potato slices on this.
Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Place cheese on top.
decorate this with olives and jalapenos.



Cover with the other 2 slices.
Grill for 8 - 10 mins. (top slice becomes golden brown in color).
Grilled sandwich ready to eat.



This is my entry for “Just For You” hosted by Alka from Sindhi Rasoi..

2 comments:

Alka said...

Thnks for the entry,the sandwich does look too tempting,the tad twist in the recipe from our regular vegetarian sandwich(sans jalapenos and cheese)
Ever tried it on stove top?i mean does it taste same that way?I m yet to get one MW,thts why i asked so !

Shree said...

Thanks.. yes you can do it on the stove top too.. tastes the same.. I have taken a slate brick. Wrap it nicely in aluminium foil. keep the sandwich on the tava and then keep the brick on the sandwich.. you will get the same sort of even grilling..