Thursday, February 12, 2009

Potato Peas Chaat

When I am at home, I prefer eating snacks rather than eating a full fledged lunch.. Now as I have too much time on my hand!! I thought I will update my blog..

I made aloo mutter the other day and as always miscalculated the amount of peas I soaked and cooked for it.. this miscalculation of vegetables always happens with me.. I think this is the reason why I end up cooking a lot of fast foods..

So for the potato and peas masala

potato - 1 boiled and chopped.
peas - 1/2 cup cooked with a little salt
puffed rice - 1 cup
green chillis paste - 1 tbsp
pudina paste - 2 tsp
tamarind chutney - 1 tbsp
oil - 1 tsp
crushed potato chips - 2 tbsp
salt

Method:
Mix all the ingrediants and server immediately.

Note:
I usually get a big bunch of pudina leaves. grind then and store the paste in the fridge.
Tamarind chutney - If I am preparing it use Tarla Dalal's recipe else I use maggie bhelpuri chutney.

1 comment:

Asha said...

Me too! Snack freak here! :D

Aloo matar sounds good.